Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why pie?

Some of you are familiar with my "Little Black Dress Experiment" and some of you may be new to the whole 'experimental' blogs that I seem to keep coming back to. Regardless, I'm sure you're asking yourself, "Why pie?"...

The answer is simple.... EVERYONE loves pie! It's true, maybe you're a  Brambleberry Pie fan, a Rhubarb Pie fan or maybe you prefer things a little simpler and stick with Pumpkin or Apple Pie. Whatever your flavor and filling of choice, it's completely true... EVERYONE loves at least one type of pie. For me, Cherry Pie does the trick- it's tart and sweet all at the same time and since I grew up spending Summers in the kitchen with my Grandma baking all things that involved cherries, it has the uncanny ability to take me back to some of the happiest times in my life with every bite.

The rules of this experiment are simple:
1) I must make 1 pie per day for the entire month of September.
2) I must post the Pie recipe and photos of the Pie daily
3) I must share the pie with someone new on a daily basis


Since I have a pretty busy schedule as is, I am counting on most of the pies being baked prior to me leaving for work - hence the 6AM pre-heat title. Stay 

Stay tuned for the trials and triumphs of this new experiment and stick around for some delicious recipes that, hopefully, will knock your socks off!

Needless to say, this will most definitely be a September to remember!  

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic! Best of luck to you in this exciting and very challenging endeavor Nicole, can't wait to see what you whip up!

    ReplyDelete